Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, and remain in the office during the procedure. If the patient is under the age of 18 a parent or legal guardian must bring them.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes, and hair tied up behing the ears.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and oral piercings must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Ho or Dr. Thorsrud prior to your surgical date for instructions.